- Your organization is a bona fide, registered tourism business that has been in operation for at least 1 year
- Your organization has a direct relationship to the mission product theme.
- In the case of incorporated businesses, delegates are to be senior, full time employees within their respective organizations.
Other Eligibility Criteria
- Only one delegate per company; delegate partners/spouses not permitted to attend.
- A tourism ‘business’ can only participate in one mission per twelve-month period.
- Should a mission with the same focus be organized multiple times over the course of the project, a tourism enterprise may only participate once.
- Destination organizations will be examined on a case by case basis, based on merit with respect to repeat mission eligibility.
- In the event that a mission has not reached delegate capacity, and there are tourism sector nominees who do not fully meet the criteria, those nominees may be offered the opportunity to participate if willing to pay 100% of their costs, and will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Federal, Provincial, Crown Agency employees as well as Federal and Provincial elected officials must cover their own expenses.
- Be able to commit to to the entire agenda of the mission.
- Book their own airfare – using provided travel agency or own their own
- Have a valid passport or Nexus card if travelling to USA
- Be able to incur all expenses which will be partially reimbursed at the completion of the mission (for airfare, accommodations, meals, etc.).
- Provide session notes for incorporation into final report.
- Provide submission of evaluations, reports, and expense claims in a timely manner.
GMCA/GMIST Will Provide
- All onsite transportation for the length of the program (participants may be responsible for transport from airport to hotel)
- Booking all experiences and excursions as part of the program
- Booking all accommodations for the duration of the program